Tips And Considerations For Choosing The Right Size
Selecting the right banner dimensions requires that you to pay attention to the following 6 factors:
- Purpose: Ask yourself why you need this banner. Is it to decorate your space, grab the audience's attention, increase customer engagement or advertise a campaign? Once you identify the purpose, you'll know the type of banner you need.
- Budget: Another essential step is to determine how much budget to allocate to this advertising medium. Accordingly, you can choose matte, glossy, or anti-glare custom banner materials. Be it for custom sizes for a wall or poles.
- Space Available: The installation space plays a pivotal role in determining the size of the sign. Is it an indoor or outdoor space? Will you hang it on the fence or mount it on a high scaffold? In addition, you require the correct measurement of the venue to match the size of the banner.
- Viewing distance and visibility: Determine the distance between your audience and the displayed banner. If visitors stand only a few feet away, you can use smaller signage. Else choose large standard sizes if you want to catch your audience's attention from afar.
- Message: Prepare a draft of the text you want the banner to have. Various standard banner sizes have definite ratios that give you the right proportion between the text and graphics.
- Common mistakes: Often people make the mistake of choosing the wrong dimension for indoor or outdoor use. Either you're using too large of a banner for indoor use or small banners for outdoor use. In the case of an indoor setting, a large sign can make the space look cramped. It spoils the ambiance of your event. On the other hand, small vinyl signage with small text sizes prevents your customers from reading them properly.
Are you struggling to identify which dimension suits your banner the best? Contact our team of experts with your requirements and we will provide recommendations for your use case.
Standard Banner Sizes
Knowing the available standard vinyl banner sizes for every advertising scenario helps you select the correct size. At 1 Day Banner, we offer over 200 sizes for banners to our customers.
Here are the popular sizes most businesses prefer:
● 2ft × 4ft (24" × 48") - Small
2ft × 4ft size banners are some of the most popular vinyl banner examples people use in indoor settings. From graduation parties to retail store offers, small banner sizes are always in demand for intimate gatherings.
Given their petite size, it's perfect for closed spaces or as supporting signs. That way, the banner size, and visibility is compatible with the surrounding.
Use these 13 oz vinyl banners in your yards, at stores, on pop-up tents and in other small spaces.
At 1 Day Banner, we ensure the vinyl material withstands outdoor conditions and lasts three years ore more with proper care and storage.
● 3ft × 6ft (36" × 36") - Medium
Medium-sized banner options are high in demand, given their easy-to-handle size and weight. Since they're neither too big nor small, 3ft by 6ft vinyl banners are appropriate for indoor and outdoor uses.
It's an impactful choice to drive traffic to your business by advertising and promoting your product or service or raising awareness for a specific cause. Most of our customers find this size ideal for trade shows, expos, festivals and similar events where everyone has a separate counter.
A medium-sized sign allows your prospective clients to see promotions from a distance.
● 4ft × 8ft (48" × 96") - Large
4ft × 8ft large banners are the best way to spread the word about your new product launch or the upcoming sales festival to the masses. Business people and marketers hoist large banners on building tops or walls to capture the client's attention.
The objective is to ensure that the advertisement is seen in busy and crowded areas. Such banner types come in solid and monochromatic backgrounds with eye-catching and minimal texts.
You can use them to promote brand offers in front of your store or as a building wrap. We have endless options to offer regarding a large sign and its utility.
Note: Options for banners include poles pockets and wind slits. You can also choose either single or double-sided custom banners.
● 5ft × 15ft (60" × 180") - Extra Large
Use these extra large vinyl banners in horizontal dimensions for indoor and outdoor purposes. You can hang them on fences or buildings to market your services and offers.
Schools use these banners at their award ceremonies and even in marching bands. Many companies hang extra large banners to announce their fundraising occasions. Besides, mount these 13 oz custom vinyl banners on storefronts and windows.
● 8ft × 8ft (96" × 96") - Step and Repeat
Step and repeat banners are appropriate for professional photoshoots, trade show backgrounds and even at fashion show after-parties or film premiers. The 8ft by 8ft dimension is the most popular size. However, you can opt for 8ft by 10ft or 8 ft x 12ft sizes in case you need a larger background for more lavish events such as grand openings.
Design experts suggest the banner should be seamless. Customers should go for a matte vinyl finish instead of gloss. That's because the glossy banner materials reflect the light in the camera and damage the picture quality.
Remember, choose non-glare fabric if possible. It doesn't overexpose the logos due to bright lights.
● 6ft × 12ft (72" × 144") - Junior Posters
The junior poster banners are popularly known as 8 sheets in the advertising industry. This banner size belongs to the billboard advertising categories and junior posters are the smallest billboard size available.
People use junior posters where large posters and billboards cannot be installed. Brands use these banner types to deliver their message to local people.
They are a great choice for hosting short-term or seasonal sales at your store. Marketers can also put up junior posters to run regional campaigns.
Use such banner types to promote your business in indoor and outdoor settings, especially when you need billboard-sized mediums. We provide you junior posters with grommets or hemming options.
● 10ft × 20ft (120" × 240") - Posters
Posters are also called 30 sheets. They are smaller than billboards but bigger than junior posters.
Marketers use them in crowded places to grab the customer's attention. Keep in mind, posters focus mostly on target marketing.
● 14ft × 48ft (168" × 576") - Bulletins
In the advertising industry, bulletins are commonly known as billboards. Most marketers use this billboard size to promote their products and services on larger mediums.
They hoist such huge vinyl banners on high rise buildings to grab the attention of a moving audience.
Other Vinyl Banner Sizes
Apart from the popular standard vinyl banner sizes, there are other sizes that customers can opt for.
● Retractable Banner Stands (33" x 81")
Are you planning to reuse your vinyl banner many times in the future? In that case, retractable banner stands should be an ideal choice. Its easy-to-use feature enables customers to install them in different locations without difficulty.
You can put them up on trade events, college feasts and as retail banner displays. Its spring-like stand mechanism enables customers to set it up with ease.
● Spectaculars (Billboard Banners)
People mount billboard banners in high-traffic areas along highways and in city centers. The objective is to grab the attention of a larger audience.
As per your marketing strategy, use this banner type for business promotions and broadcast business or marketing campaigns effectively.
Custom Banner Sizes
At 1 Day Banner, our custom sizes range from 2 ft to 10 ft in height and up to 30 ft in width/length. From our list of common banner sizes, customers can choose dimensionally-relevant designs. Likewise, we can suggest various designs or allow you to use online design tools to showcase your creativity.
In case of situations where you cannot identify the preferred size, contact us. According to your requirements, we can recommend a size for you.
But how do you know when to choose a large or short banner?
The custom size of banners usually depends on the purpose of this advertising medium. While birthday celebrations require small-scale banners, you need broad and large vinyl signage for promotional announcements. Based on these ideas, here are a few more tips to consider:
● For Large Size Banners
Choose large banners when you're hosting or participating in an outdoor event. The objective of such banners is to captivate visitors or customers from a distance.
For instance, a banner on the opening of your new outlet, displaying the address and the inauguration date, should be big enough for potential clients to see and remember the details without challenging recall memory.
Again, Church banners are generally large and planted for outdoor use. Followers get to see the text from a distance.
Even billboards and scrim vinyl are hoisted on high buildings across the highways or used to wrap the sides of the building. Constructors and marketers use this ploy to attract the attention of customers.
● For Small Size Banners
We suggest small-size banners mostly for indoor use. It's because of the closed space and one-to-one interaction with the clients that make reading the text-based banners easy.
Such vinyl banners aim to capture the attention of viewers' attention only a few feet away. If used on outdoor premises, the small size banner might not be optimal at advertising your business.
The Ordering Process
1 Day Banner makes creating custom banners easier. You can either submit your own custom design or use our online design tool to create your desired banner. If you want to upload your graphics or artwork, please make sure it matches the custom banner artwork specifications.
Below is a list of our most common sizes:
Standard Banner Vinyl Sizes
|2 Feet High||3 Feet High||4 Feet High||Other Popular Sizes|
Standard Sizes are available for all Single-sided and Double-sided Online Banners, Custom Banners and Text Banners.
Interested in a Vertical layout? Take a look at our Vertical Banner Sizes.
We also print sizes not listed here, please contact us if you have a custom size.
Available Sizes for Online, Custom, Text and Stock Banners:
- Order Online Banners - Design your vinyl banner online
- Single-sided Online Banners | Sizes Available from 2' x 4' to 10' x 30'
- Double-sided Online Banners | Sizes Available from 2' x 4' to 5' x 10'
- Order Custom Banners - Upload your own custom banner design
- Single-sided Custom Banners | Sizes Available from 2' x 4' to 10' x 30'
- Double-sided Custom Banners | Sizes Available from 2' x 4' to 5' x 10'
- Please Note: Contact us if your size is not listed.
- Order Text Banners - You specify the text and we design your banner
- Single-sided Text Banners | Sizes Available from 2' x 4' to 10' x 30'
- Double-sided Text Banners | Sizes Available from 2' x 4' to 5' x 10'
- Order Stock Banners - Pre-designed banners
- Sizes Available: 2' x 6', 3' x 9', 4' x 12' and 5' x 15'
We print horizontal sizes from 2 to 10 feet in height by virtually any length. We also print vertical sizes from 2 to 10 feet in width by virtually any height. Please contact us if your vinyl size is not listed or you have another custom request. Whether you need large or big, square or long vinyl banners, 1 Day Banner has you covered!
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the questions relating to standard banner sizes that customers often ask are:
How do you measure banner sizes?
- Firstly, you need to determine the venue where you can hang, hoist, or tie plant your advertisements. If it's indoor hanging or scroll banners, you need smaller signage. But, for outdoor use, you need vinyl billboards, scrim vinyl banners or polypropylene signage. Grab your audience's attention with large or extra-large banners and vibrant graphics.
- Secondly, take down the measurements of the space where you'll install the banner. Measure how far your customer needs to be to read the banner text. That way, you get an idea about how big or small the signage should be. If you're participating in a fair or trade show, speak to the organizers about the details of your exhibition booth.
What are standard banner ad sizes?
There isn't any specific set of standard banner sizes. But at 1 Day Banner, we find customers mostly opting for the following standard vinyl banner sizes:
- 2'×4' ( 24" by 48")
- 3'×6' ( 36" by 72")
- 4'×8' ( 48" by 96")
What banner ad size should I get?
It depends on the venue for your occasion. For outdoor advertising use, we suggest large banners, while for indoor events, get small or medium size banners. Get the details of the installation space and we can suggest the best fit.
What are some common banner sizes for trade shows?
Trade displays come in varied shapes and sizes. The standard sizes are 10 ft by 10 ft and 10 ft by 20 ft. These sizes are best suited for in-line exhibits and allow the exhibitor to reconfigure the banners according to their liking.
Another popular banner size is 20 ft by 20 ft. Traders use this standard banner size to display their exhibits in an island booth, where all four sides are open for visualization.
What is the right banner size for outdoor displays?
Typical horizontal outdoor banners are 3 ft by 10 ft. If you're looking for vertical outdoor banners, they're generally 6 ft by 2 ft.
What is the most common size of a banner for a birthday party?
The size for a birthday banner mostly depends on where you're going to host the birthday party. Commonly used, the best banner size is 3 ft by 6 ft and serves indoor and outdoor birthday setups.
What size should a banner be for church events?
Horizontal church banners, if hoisted on a high wall, should be between 6 ft to 20 ft in width and 2 ft to 6 ft in height. This dimension serves the outdoor purpose.
During indoor events, buy vinyl church banners with dimensions of 2 ft to 6 ft in width and 2 ft to 10 ft in height. For indoor use, vertical banners suit the purpose.
What is the size of a banner for school events?
Custom vinyl banners for school events generally have three sizes– 2 ft by 6 ft (small), 3 ft by 8 ft (medium), and 3 ft by 12 ft (large). If you're unsure of the required dimensions, share with us the size of the space where you'll hang the banner. We can suggest the appropriate dimensions.
With this complete guide on determining banner sizes, you'll easily pick your preferred banner type. Make sure you have a detailed idea about the venue, your audience, and the budget. That way, the graphics and content can be designed easily.
To avoid these hassles, you can always contact us and our expert team will provide you with size recommendations.